Phil Wayne Classic "Tsunami " Tele
Here's a Great Sounding Tele that's perfect for rock, jazz, blues, country, and more. This unique "1 off" piece will amaze you by not only its incredible feel and playability, but by its unique look and sound versatility. The top knob on the concentric pot is a blender pot that enables you to blend the neck and bridge pickup together, or the neck, middle and bridge together. As you sweep the blender pot with the 5 way switch in either the 1st, 2nd, 4th or 5th position, you hear different nuances of the sound and a noticeable variation in the EQ being produced that would not be possible to achieve with just your standard 3, 4 or 5 way switch. The sounds are truly inspiring!
If you're a Fralin, Lollar or Barden fan, you're going to love the Custom Benson Handwound pickups that were made for this guitar. Simply put, this Axe ROCKS!
Here's the Specs
Body Wood: Select Alder
Neck: C profile Maple neck (13.2 Radius) w/ aged amber Figured Maple fretboard, 21 jumbo (2.7mm) frets
Bridge: 6 saddle string thru-body Steel Bridge
- Bridge pickup: Benson Custom Handwound RWRP 8.0k (w/ Brass Plate)
- Middle pickup: Benson Custom Handwound Texas Style 7.5k
- Neck pickup: Benson Custom Handwound 7.4k
- 100k stacked Concentric pot - Bottom Knob - controls Master Volume (w/ treble bleed circuit)
- Top knob - pickup blender pot
- 250k CTS Tone pot
- 5-way pickup selector switch
Tremendous sounding, great playability, and looks good enough to eat!